Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Bad New Bears

I went to my monthly doctor appointment this morning.  It didn't go as planned.

Now, let me remind you, things could be MUCH, MUCH worse and I am not complaining..just documenting. I am VERY, VERY blessed to be caring this amazing baby girl and am loving every minute of it.

That does not mean that there aren't issues that go along with it.

I thought I was doing so good on my weight but NOOOO, big mama over here is just packing on the pounds!! I am 25 weeks and 3 days and have gained 12 pounds.  Now that doesn't SOUND bad to me...but apparently when you gain 8 of them in the one month...it's not so good. ;) My first five months of pregnancy I gained 4 pounds (per my doctor... I thought I was at 6 or so... but I'll go with what he says!) and the past month I gained 8.  Wow.  Can you say mexican food and oreos!?!

After my doctor told me, he said he wasn't too worried about it, I had done really good so far, so he wasn't going to complain... just to watch it.

Well, he then asked me if there were any new symptoms I wanted to talk about and I told him about this bad back pain I have been having.  It is directly in the middle of my back, on the right side.  I have had it for a few weeks now and I totally assumed it was a normal, pregnancy back ache.

The past two weeks or so it has been piercing through to my front... right below my right rib cage.  It feels like a knife going through the front and coming out the back.  I have been taking Tums thinking, at this point, it was indigestion or acid reflux. 

I explain this to him, he feels around, and to my surprise I am super tender below my right rib cage.  Well, apparently, all these signs and symptoms point right to the gallbladder.  Lovely. 

Of course, we didn't do any testing, we both just disguised it and believe I am having some gallbladder attacks.  Since I am pregnant this means watching what I eat... and praying that works.

At this point he suggest I try a low fat diet... and if that doesn't do the trick... then we will do a no fat diet.

I'm sorry?!?!?! DIET???!? I am pregnant!!  That is pretty much the only word I heard and/or cared about at the moment.  I have been living it up food wise, to say the least.  Now you want me to watch what I eat?!?!? NOOOOOO.

However, I DO NOT want to have my gallbladder removed while pregnant so I will do whatever I can to make sure I can make it to the 9 months or beyond.

I can say, I ate a salad at lunch (which come to find out is not good for those issues) and hurt all afternoon, then tonight I hate some whole wheat noodles and hurt all night.  NO GOOD.

Ryan and I did go to the grocery store and got lots of fat free food.  So I am hoping for better days to come.

If you have any suggestions or recipes or ANYTHING please let me know! I need all the help I can get.

Apparently, this is VERY common in pregnant women.. I had no clue! So no more fried food or greasy food and as low fat as I can get without starving myself and the baby!

Yee Haw.



No comments: