Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Prego Mumbo Jumbo - Week 17

I'm back ladies and gents and am now 17 weeks pregnant with Little Bun!
The Second Trimester is going much, much better than the first.  No nausea or vomiting .. a tad bit of dizziness and headaches .. some back pain .. and a growing belly .. but that's about it!
I haven't felt any movement yet. Boo. :( I've been waiting very patiently and have maybe done some pocking and shaking .. with still no butterflies.  I have had 4 "scares" .. thinking I for sure felt it .. but turned out it was a no go. 

My baby is officially the size of an onion --- cray cray!

We have started playing the baby music.  I read that the baby can now hear my voice and loud noises (dogs barking, doorbell ringing, etc.)  Ryan has officially began talking to the baby/my belly every night and it melts my heart! So far, it is my absolute favorite thing about pregnancy.  He says..."Hey baby..It's Daddy. I love you so much and can't wait to hold you and sing to you. You better be good to mommy in there..she loves you very much too."  :):)  He says all kinds of stuff but that's the main parts.

This is our favorite song to play for the baby right now.  It was our wedding song -- the groomsmen, Ryan, the bridesmaid and I all walked out while this way playing.  We both absolutly love it.  Ryan also likes to play Led Zeppelin and The Beatles for the baby.



Like I have mentioned before, Cheddar Peppers from Sonic are MY THANG! I looove them and crave them constantly.  Unfortuantly, my check book doesn't care for them soooo my mom found me a huge box at Sam's with like 50 peppers for $10.  That makes me happy.

I'm still debating on what to do about my scrubs.  My co-worker got maternity scrubs but some people say it is a waste of money.  I can say, I don't think I will be fitting into my regular scrub pants the whole time.  The waste band is elastic and I just feel like it isn't going to stretch enough.

I have gained some of my weight back that I lost while I was sick.  I am still 3 pounds less than what I was when I found out I was pregnant.  People say that won't last much longer!  I am into all maternity pants and some maternity tops.

My next appointment is this coming Monday.  I will get to hear the baby's heartbeat again (Ryan will hear for the first time) and I will get my blood drawn to test for birth defects.  I'm pretty excited about going... I'm just REALLY REALLY ready to find out the sex! It's killing me! The doctor says not until 21 weeks though!

Have a fab weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have good points there, that's why I always check your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
rachat pret immobilier www.rachatdecredit.net