Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 8, 2011

I love the Doctor

I never thought I would say such a thing... but I LOOVE going to the doctor's office.   Everytime I go lately it just seems so fun.

Today we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again ! Ryan got to hear it for the first time and was super duper excited.  Last time my sister went with me.  It is definitly the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.  It was very strong and very loud today.  Ryan and I both got giddy.  I think I say this in every post but it is just ammmazing that there is a real baby in my tummy that I am growing and carrying and loving oh so much.

The heartbeat was 146 today.  Last time (about 5 weeks ago, at 13 weeks) it was 164.  The doctor again reminded me that we can't tell sex by that!

We also got my blood drawn today to test for birth defects.  I HATE getting my blood drawn but I did really good.  I am getting better considering I have to have it drawn so much lately.  I get the results back in about a week. It wasn't mandatory to have this test but we said go ahead.  Nothing will change if there is a problem, of course, just for preparing purposes only.

I go back in 4 weeks -- on September 6th -- to find out sex! That excites me more than anything.  Well, I actually think I am more excited to see my baby on the ultrasound then to find out the sex.  I have only seen him/her once and it looked like a little peanut... so I'm ready to see my baby again! I'm ready to see a nose and lips and little feet and hands!

I still haven't felt any movement.  The doctor said that was fine and by the next time he sees me he thinks I will have. I sure hope so!

I have gained 2 pounds since my first visit with him 10 weeks ago.  Not too shabby I don't suppose.

Good doctor's visits makes this momma haaaappy!! ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that things are going well for you!! Excited for you!!