Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!

Happy Saturday you guys! Hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend. I know I am. ;) I have been unexplainably happy since I found out we were pregnant and not much can get me down at this point. I think a light bulb came on and I realized I'm about to be a mom!! A real live 24/7 mom and it is making me beam! (Enough w/ the sappy stuff...which I am FULL of at this point.) I have a few things to catch up on so here we go...

--- I finally got my results back from the blood work I had. The nurse said I was definilty pregnant and as of Monday, May 9th I was 5 weeks along. It is not a guarantee that I am 5 weeks... but with my hCG levels that was the best they could tell. I could be further along. (You may be wondering why I don't know how far along I am, but I was having some lady issues in the beginning so I honestly don't know the date of conception.)

Anyways, when I have my ultrasound done on June 9th (yes, it was pushed back a week because I changed doctors) then I will FINALLY have an official due date! But, as of now, I'm sticking with being 5 weeks... therefore I'm coming up on being 6 weeks pregnant! When I say that I feel like I have a looooong way to go. ;( But, I don't care, I'm going to enjoy every second of it.

I can say.. that I am ready to look like this...

Is that weird?! HaHa...I wanna have a big ol' belly with a sweet lil' baby inside! ;)

--- I have still been reading my "What to Expect When Expecting Book" but haven't really experienced very much of what they are talking about at this point. I'm on "The Second Month" and have a few of the symptoms but not too many. (NO COMPLAINTS HERE!) Physically, I have noticed I get really tired really fast, have a little bit of nausea and I have to take frequent potty breaks but that is about it! Emotionally, I have noticed I get upset quicker and irritable quicker and Ryan might say I have mood swings but I don't think so! I am pretty pleased so far with how I am feeling... I just pray it doesn't change. HaHa ;)

--- Funny pregnant story: Ryan and I were riding down the road and I saw this really pretty tree. I told Ryan I thought the color of the leaves were so pretty and that I truly liked that tree. And IMMEDIATLY started crying... because the tree was so pretty... ?? Odd. Even weirder I dried it up in like 30 seconds and you couldn't even tell I cried! Oh sweet hormones.

--- Tonight we are going to Pie Works in Shreveport with my family. I am super excited because I heard it was really good and PIZZA is my new thing!! (Y'all, my poor waistline..oh boy.) Apparently, you create your own pizza out of a bunch of ingrediants which super excites me.



We went to Timothy's a few night ago with Ryan's family and I had the "Godfather" pizza. It has alfredo sauce, spinach, mushrooms, ham and sausage and MY GOODNESS it is good!


--- I made some new earrings yesterday that I think are pretty cool! I have been playing around with the guitar strings I have when I get bored. Considering I have a full time job I don't have much time to make things but it's pretty relaxing to create stuff when I do have the free time and plus I get to wear some fun earrings! ;)
--- Since I got pregnant I, of course, can no longer take the Advocare Trim products that I was on to lose weight but there are still some products that I can use. Today I ordered Spark and Rehydrate for Ryan and I.


Spark is a nutritional energy drink... it has some caffeine in it..which is ok in small amounts for my pregnant self, and considering I am a caffienaholic I do get headaches if I don't have ATLEAST a little bit. It gives me just enough to be safe. I do not plan on drinking it everyday because I realize I have to cut back on my caffiene but a scoop or half scoop every other day shouldn't be a problem!
The website says that Spark:
1) provides nutrition for the body and brain
2) helps prolong energy to the brain for enhanced focus and sustained mental energy
3) helps prolong energy to muscles for longer and more intense workouts (which I will NOT be doing, haha, I have been walking on my treadmill daily for about 20 to 25 minutes at a brisk pace.)
4) includes antioxidants shown to protect brain and body function, especially during high stress periods

Rehydrate is a lot like Gatorade but without the added sugar! It replenishs lost fluids, minerals, and electrolytes. It can be used before, during or after a workout but can also be a healthy drink for everyday use. That is MY plan! I have been drinking lots of water, orange juice and milk but for a little different flavor and some added vitamens and minerals I will grab a Rehydrate.
--- I think that is all for now! Sorry my random update ended up being so long. I have lots to say lately. ;) I do plan on doing a weekly pregnancy post when I get to 10 weeks or so but as for now I will just put the info into my regular post.


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Smile Steady said...

That must have been one beautiful tree! :)

I didn't have a single symptom until 6 weeks- then it was just a touch of nausea at first that kept building. Then at 7 weeks came the daily vomiting. It lasted until 10 weeks, and now it's rare, but I've still got the queasiness.

Good luck to you- I'm hoping you remain nausea-free. And I can't wait to hear the outcome of your first appointment!

Courtney said...

I was the same way when I was pregnant with my first! I would cry at the craziest commercials! haha

I wanted to tell you to that Jenny McCarthy wrote a book called "Belly Laughs" and let me tell you she gives it to you straight and makes you laugh the whole time! I loved the What to Expect book too (for the more clinical stuff) but she tells you how it really is. You'll get a kick out of it! Also the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy is a good one too! It taught me exacty what "pushing" ment......haha