Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Dets

Ryan and I are so happy to finally announce our amazing news! I can't stop saying...."OMG, I'm Pregnant!" We are so excited to travel down this road together and can't wait to get this show on the road.

We have been talking since we got married about growing our family. Hannah wants a sibling very badly...and I'm not getting any younger! (will turn 26 this summer.) We didn't want Hannah and her siblings to be too far apart but we did want our alone time as a married couple. We have only been married 7 1/2 months but have been together a little over 3 years.

We felt in our hearts the time was right so decided I would get of birth control. Well...I never saw Aunt Flo again! Fast....I know. We were VERY surprised. It is VERY rare, as far as I have heard, for someone to get pregnant the first month of trying! We were expecting 4-6 months but nooooo! ;)

I took a pregnancy test about 4 days before my period just to be silly. I have no patience and Ryan was laughing at me like NO WAY!! We NEVER expected anything considering we had literally been trying for 3 or 4 weeks. It was positive. I was like noooo way...this is wrong...I'll take another one in a few days. About one week later, which would have put me at 3 days after my missed period... I took another... and it said positive. I was like...ooooookay. This past Thursday... about 5 days later... still no Aunt Flo... I woke up again thinking... 'I gotta ck this out one last time to make sure'... and once again... it was positive... I was STILL pregnant! ;)
We immediatly started telling our parents and siblings and grandparents after 3 positive test and being over 1 week late... the news started traveling fast through aunts, uncles, and cousins. We wanted the WHOLE family to know before posting it in on the internet or telling our friends. We did choose a few individual friends to share this with before posting.

We wanted to wait until Mother's Day to share our news with our moms but there was NO way I was waiting! Both our moms were soooo excited and very surprised!!

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow with my OBGYN... I think she just wants to do a blood test to double check pregnancy and HCG (I think?) levels.... no ultrasound until June 2nd I believe. We think we are 5 weeks along but I honestly do not know. I am so new at this I really don't know what is going on!

My stomach has been cramping... I get so tired super quickly... and I use the restroom A LOT... I think that is my only symptoms at this point. I just know I am thrilled and could care less what goes on with my body... I just want a happy, healthy, amazing lil' baby!! And...I will say I am leaning more towards a boy... only because Ryan already has a little girl... BUT I will be insanly thrilled with whatever the Good Lord blesses us with.

Since today was Mother's Day... it was kind of my first.... although I'm barely pregnant it still felt nice thinking about next year. Sweet Hannah, OF COURSE, makes me feel like a mom everyday so it isn't MUCH of a new experience but it still feels good. Hannah does not know yet... we have a sweet plan to tell her so I'm excited for that time to come.

"Little Bun" is what Ryan and I have decided to use as our nickname for now. Since it's our "little bun in the oven!" Little Bun already received a gift! My MIL bought this....

.. which I love! I can already tell Little Bun is going to be spooooiled by his/her amazing grandparents, and great grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and so forth and so on... oh and PARENTS! ;)


I did want this book pretty much as soon as I found out I was expecting...

My sweet hubs got it for me today for Mother's Day! I have already started reading it and am excited to learn lots and lots.

I can say I am pretty nervous at this point -- I don't know what to do, expect, think, feel -- I'm just trying to soak it up and be super happy for now!! ;)

Please, pretty please, tell me what worked for you...what you wish you knew when you were in my shoes...what you HAD to have...ANYTHING... I need all the advice I can get. ;)

If your still with me after this long post...THANK YOU! I just want to make sure I document every detail so I can look back in the future.. you bloggers know how it is! ;)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hanna i am soo happy for ya'll! Who is your Dr. Will you be having this sweet little buddle of joy at St. Michaels or Wadley...i just hope st michaels. I know I have no children but i can fill you in on everything that happens while you are in hospital... Taylors says i am obcessed with babies...but really it is what i am most passionate about... MY JOB..and i love it. Maybe by December i will be in L&D!

In this wonderful life... said...

SO EXCITING!!! CONGRATS! :)

withallpurity said...

Congratulations!!!!