Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Melt.My.Heart.

On Friday, Ryan, Hannah, and I were driving in the car and this sweet conversation occured:

Lil' Hannah: "Daddy and Biggie?!" (she calls me Big Hanna or Biggie)

Me and Ryan: "Yes...."

Lil': "Do you know what is in two days?!?!"

Us: "No, what?!"

Lil': "It's Easter!"

Me: "It sure is!"

Ryan: "Do you know why we celebrate Easter, Lil' Hannah?"

Lil': "Duuuh Dad!" (thinking we are about to hear all about the Easter bunny and candy and dying eggs and hunting eggs..) "Jesus died on the cross for our sins and on Easter he rose from the dead!"

Melt.My.Heart. my sweet 5 year old. You are too amazing for words. ;)

Of course, we told her how smart and sweet she was and Ryan went on to explain a few little details with her because she was a little confused but the fact that she was excited for Easter for the right reason thrills me to no end!! She is so smart and absorbs information so well. She loves asking question about stuff she isn't so sure about and it just makes us smile.

THIS is what Easter is about for me. ;)

2 comments:

WhitBoff said...

This made me go pitter patter. I can't wait to have fun little girl stories to share. :)

Pam said...

That is soooo sweet! And amazing! Wish we could have seen her yesterday. Donna mentioned wishing she was there to hunt with all the other kids. Hopefully soon we will see you all.